Pages

Sunday 9 February 2014

Aone Claypot House at Nex

It's our 3rd or 4th time dining at Aone Claypot House. They seem to be sprouting out everywhere suddenly. I know they have outlets at Nex, Chinatown Point and Bishan Junction 8. From the wet towel packaging, it seems like they have outlets in Bedok Point, Bukit Panjang Plaza and Jurong Point as well.

I heard from my bff that they used to operate in food courts like Food Junction. Maybe business has bloomed so they decided to operate as a standalone.


This time we decided to try their dishes rather than their claypot items.





Three types of mushroom stir fried with broccoli. I think the broccoli has been cooked too long so its a little yellowish looking. Other than that, its not too bad but nothing special.

It's usually quite crowded. I guess the price is reasonable hence it attracts diners. Nowadays eating out for a family is not cheap. If one can find decent food at reasonable price, why not? :)



We also ordered the tom yum seafood to share. The tom yum soup is good. But the sotong in the soup has been a bit too overcooked so it is quite tough.

We ordered a hotplate mushroom noodle for our boy. I forgot to take a picture of that. The noodle portion is quite pathetic. We took the noodles out from the hotplate into a small rice bowl to let it chill and the noodles fill only 2/3 of the bowl. 


Did I mention that I am very particular with how chopsticks are placed in the holder? I will only pick up those chopsticks with thinner sides facing up. Reason being, I have no idea what goes into the chopsticks holder. It can be dust, dirt, roaches or leftover food. I will never pick those chopsticks that has the thinner ends facing down if I have a choice. I am glad this restaurant places all their chopsticks facing up.

Overall, their dishes are ok except that its a tad too salty. It will be healthier if they can cut down on the saltiness a little.

We will be back again if we want something not too heavy and reasonably priced.

Will Return to this Outlet: Yes
Got Service: 6/10

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.