Pages

Saturday 14 June 2014

Carpenter and Cook

Carpenter and Cook is another cafe I wanted to visit. I knew it was in the Bukit Timah area but wasn't aware that its actually at the stretch where Nook DIY House of Pancakes was.

It was an impromptu decision to hop over after brunch at Nook.

We love the decor at first sight. Well, if you have been reading my blog... you will probably know its the retro decor theme. :P



They have lotsa pastries and I heard their tarts are good.





Its such an IN thing to convert the singer sewing machine base into a table.


Really old school neh....






We ordered the chocolate tart and passionfruit tarts. The tarts are not very sweet so that is good.




We ordered a pot of tea for 2 to share and another lemonade for another 2 to share since we just had our brunch next door. As our boy was sitting in between us, to share the tea cup with my hub, it was difficult. Either the tea will spill if we put it infront of our boy or the cup might break. Either way, its bad. So I went to ask for an extra tea cup. Both ladies seem hesistant on giving me an extra tea cup and were really slow motion about it. They glanced at our table several times b4 giving me the cup unwillingly. I wonder why? Didn't we order anything? We ordered tea right? And its just an extra tea cup which is at no cost to them.

Seriously, initially I was all nice and happy about the place and find their service not bad too. But that single experience was enough to quickly erase whatever good feelings I had of them.




No compelling reasons to die die must come back here again. Think I will save my time and money elsewhere who will welcome me and won't mind me asking for an extra tea cup.


Will I Return to this Outlet Again: Maybe
Got Service: 6/10


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.