Pages

Thursday 15 October 2015

Vintage High Tea @ House, Dempsey

It was our customary wedding anniversary and we both had taken leave. Hub suggested going for a nice lunch or high tea. I would prefer high tea as we normally do not have the time or chance to go for one. We looked around a few high tea places and I was hoping to try Antidote out. Unfortunately, I thought it was a little expensive. With my condition now, I cannot eat too much. It gives me bad bad heartburn. Hence I think its not worth the money to visit Antidote. Maybe next time.

We shortlisted Lime at Parkroyal and Goodwood Park. In the end, last minute, I remembered there is high tea at Dempsey and did a google. How lucky we are! House has a vintage high tea and we though the price is ok at $30++/pax, Moreover, it was a Thursday! Their high tea is available on Thurs and Friday. Luck is on our side!



House has a relatively huge sitting area. We were ushered to our seats and I am very grateful to the lady who showed us to our seats. Seeing my pregnant tummy, she took a cushion from another couch for my seat so that I can sit comfortably. I was really impressed with the lady for being observant and being caring to her customers. Thank you for that! :)


Choices of tea available.... I love tea! Every since I got pregnant, I hardly drink tea. If I did, its mostly non-caffeine like cammomile which I don't really enjoy. But since I had been good and abstained from black, red and green tea all these while, I figured, it wouldn't harm if I had tea today. :P I chose the peppermint tea.



The pastries buffet looked really good too. It was so prettily laid out that when the buffet line started, many people were snapping pictures away. So did I. :P





The selection was yummy and I really enjoyed. If there is a chance, I hope to come back again for high tea.





Besides tea, they served limited lemonade drink with Basil. It was yummy and when they had it refilled, people were Q-ing for it.




This was a special lamb dish they served to each table. I don't take lamb so I skipped this and hub did try a little only cos by then he was too full to take in anymore. Ha!

Address: 8D Dempsey Road Singapore 249672
High Tea: Available only on Thurs and Fri, 3pm to 5.30pm

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.