Pages

Sunday 26 January 2014

Nan Xiang @ Novena Square 2 (南香)


We were looking for a place to dine in. All of us are feeling under the weather so we wanted something light and non-heaty for dinner. After walking around Novena, we decided to settle here. Plus there was no Q for this outlet.


This little chinese eatery looked decent from the outside. The dishes looked good on picture.

So we were showed a table and when looking through the menu, I wanted to order seafood bee hoon soup for my boy. They had fish head in thick bee hoon soup. So I thought it should be ok for me to change the thin bee hoon to thick bee hoon for the seafood soup. But they said they dont have thick bee hoon? Hmmm... I asked if I am ordering fish head thick bee hoon soup, there will be thick bee hoon? The waitress just didn't answer direct to my question!

And so I decided not to order anything for my boy first. Instead, I ordered the 滑蛋河分to share. In case if my boy doesn't want that, I can order another dish. My hub ordered the fried rice. 

After placing the order, we waited for a good 15 minutes and food was still not served. The eatery was not packed at all. In fact, only 1/3 of the tables were taken. Some of the patrons in there were already eating halfway and those waiting had ordered their chicken rice set which is served from the chicken rice counter and not from the kitchen.

We were seated near the kitchen. We could hear the cook busy frying and cooking but during that 15 minutes, hardly any dishes were served out. We asked the waitress to check on our order and she came back saying, the order will be cooked soon. That was after 15 mins of waiting in a 1/3 full eatery. 


Another 10 minutes went by and we were still not served. The waitress went to check with the kitchen for a second time after we asked and came back telling us, he has one more dish to cook b4 he cooked ours. 10 mins ago, we were told ours will be cooked soon!

That lack of enthusiasm in serving its customers made me lost appetite. What made it worse was there were a lot of flies flying around! Gosh! The eatery is in a shopping mall and they did not ensure the kitchen is properly maintained to minimize the existence of flies?


Waitresses were standing around with nothing to do.

Finally our orders came.


The fried rice according to my hub was very oily and very salty. 


Mine isn't any better. It was so salty that I couldn't continue eating. Both my son and I shared this and we left more than half the plate full.

The decision to dine here was a bad move. The service and hygiene is terrible! I will never head back there. 

Will I Return to this Outlet: NO
Got Service: 1/10



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.