Pages

Friday 24 January 2014

The Cube Salon @ Bugis Cube

I have been visiting a nail salon near my workplace based on recommendation from instagram's post. While prices are reasonable and its near to my office, the friendliness of the service there has nothing for me to comment about. Basically i don't quite feel welcome there. It's like a touch and go place. I'm there because its reasonably priced and accessible. But even so, its quite a fair bit of walk from my office. And sometimes the designs I requested for, the manicurist don't seem quite confident of doing it.

So this CNY, I hunt around the net for another nail salon around my work place. Managed to find one slightly nearer and they have just opened for business at the newly renovated Bugis Cube (opp Bugis Junction where MOS burger is located at).

I called rather close to CNY period for appointment. Surprisingly they still have lunch time slot and was very accommodating to my requests when I had to change my appointment twice due to meetings overrun.

The shops in Bugis Cube were still mostly empty. This salon - The Cube Salon is located on level 4. The salon is co-shared between a hair salon and nail salon. Space is not huge but spacious. There weren't many customers (only 1), there were 4 staff in the shop but I didn't feel awkward or intimidated to enter the salon. 


A lady who seemingly was in charge of the hair side served me a cup of tea. Actually I was quite surprised as so far the nail salons I went to, none offered this. Its a pleasant experience thus far. The manicurist - Jacelyn, who did my nails was nice and friendly. She was quite good with her designs, definitely very meticulous, no rush but steady.



My CNY and Valentine's nails.... hand drawn by the manicurist.


And my feet was handled by another lady. She took a long time to do my toenails but I can see she was trying to do them well. And I would think the Cai Shen Ye is not easy to draw. :P The outcome is very nice and cute. It was so real that my husband thought its sticked on and not hand drawn.


Due to time constraint, I asked the pedicurist to draw mandarin oranges instead of another Cai Shen Ye on the other big toe.

So far I'm quite happy with the service and skills. When they asked if I would like to sign as a member, I did. With $68 a year, you get your own set of manicure tools, a free classic manicure plus 20% off all services and 30% off on your birthday month. Quite a deal!

CNY period most salons would have imposed a surcharge but they didn't.

I did both express gelish manicure and pedicure for nail art and it cost me about $80+. After signing as member, with 20% off, this nail set cost me about $60+ only. Not too expensive.

Price list of their services
Will I Return to This Outlet: Yes
Got Service: 8/10

Update: 27 Feb - One of the stone dropped and Jacelyn said I could go back within three days to replace the stone. So I went back. The staff welcomed me in and again the lady who served me tea that day, served me tea again. I felt bad because I was back there to replace the stone only. But it was definitely a nice gesture and makes me feel really welcome in the salon.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.