Pages

Sunday 29 June 2014

Hatter Street @ Hougang

I think we have gone waffles crazy lately. We have been going around eating waffles and that explains the extra pounds piled on my face and waist. LOL

We have always been wanting to try the waffles at Hatter Street because we have heard how good it was. It's rather near my place and we are in fact at the area every Sunday morning for my boy's art class. But unfortunately, by the time he finishes his class, the shop is not opened yet. 

Finally, we got to try it today because we had rescheduled his art class to a later timing. Hatter Street opens at 1pm so while waiting for him to finish his class, we hopped into Hatter for a waffle ice cream.



Hatter Street is owned by a young lady who used to be a teacher. Because of her interest in culinary, she went to pursue her interest. Way to go! Not many people dare to take such a huge risk and what more, setting up a small cafe requires not only guts, determination but huge capital!


Simple menu....


The cafe is rather small. Well, most cafes especially those in the heartland are quite small anyway.


There were pastries as well but we chose to try their waffles instead.


We heard their pandan flavoured ice cream with waffles is good but we decided to try chocolate instead. For $8.90 that was rather reasonable.






The wait for our waffles order was amazingly quick! For that, I am already impressed. 


For its efficiency, you may think the waffle might have tasted mediocre but to our surprise, it was good! Crispy and fluffy where necessary! The ice cream was rich and smooth too.


We have been looking for a chance to go back and try their pandan ice cream waffle!

Overall, the experience is pleasant and while having our dessert, one of the tables next to us was placing our order. The young lady serving them was patiently explaining to the patrons. That I was pleasantly pleased which how she had bothered to explain in proper to the patrons. There were many instances of front line / ground staff simply shrugging a 'IDK aka I Don't Know' or one two word response to diners when asked a question.

Just like when I asked if they served iced water... I was just expecting a Yes or No. But the same lady told me they don't serve iced water because the water dispenser is spoilt. At least she bothered to tell me that. Many others would have simply told me 'No'. :)

Will I Return to This Outlet: Yes
Got Service: 8/10

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.