Pages

Sunday 15 June 2014

British Hainan

It was the father's day weekend and I wanted to give hub a treat. Initially when I called British Hainan for a reservation, I was told they are going to serve set meals only. So I told them in that case, I shall give it a miss as I wanted to try their ala carte menu. The lady asked for my number and said she will call me if they decide to open up their ala carte menu that weekend.

A few days prior to the weekend, a lady - Vanessa texted to inform me that they are opening up their ala carte menu and asked if I would like to make a reservation. And so I did.

My husband is hainanese so he was really looking forward to the treat at British Hainan. We got my MIL along for the dinner too.




The restaurant is really small but cosy. It is filled with lotsa antique collections which I read are keepsakes of the owner.



Tables are not aplenty but can easily house about 20-25 pax indoor.


Pricing wise I think it is quite reasonable.



Such an old school service call bell.



Their lemongrass drink is really good! Hub did a lucky pick cos he was entitled to a freebie for Father's Day. 1st he got a beer which we were told there weren't many beers to be won in the pick. But since hub doesnt drink beer, the lady allowed hub to do a 2nd pick and he got lemongrass which is one of his favorite drink.


The mushroom soup was quite good and my son loves their garlic bread so much that he walloped all of it... including half of my MIL's!


This sambal wings are yummy too. 


Hub's fish and chips set.


The spaghetti portion is huge! As usual this is for my son. Since they didn't have kids set, I ordered this to share with my boy. Will be nice if they can offer kids spaghetti so that I can order my own meal instead of always eating what he eats. It gets really sick. :P


Hainanese are also famous for its pork chop. My MIL decided to give this a try but unfortunately, it was such a boo boo. The meat was so so tough! Its really bad for an elderly while we youngsters also find it tough. I tried to help my MIL cut it with my food scissors and even that was challenging. Can you imagine the works on it with teeth? Tiring man!




Well it was an interesting concept and service is not bad. The entire meal cost me $60+. Quite reasonable I say. After the dinner, we were asked for feedback. Everything else is not too bad but I do hope they improve on the pork chop. 


Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/British.Hainan
Will I Return to This Outlet: Maybe
Got Service: 7/10


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.