Pages

Tuesday 22 July 2014

Alkaff Mansion

It's been 365 days from my last birthday but I can still remember very clearly how stuffed I was that day. Hub planned three birthday meals for me in a day. Boy... I tell you... I cannot forget that feeling even till now!

I have requested not to be over-stuffed this year. Hub listened but still, he planned two meals for me. Too much good food makes a person sick of it. Good things must be spaced out right? :P

I guess hub has no better idea for plans so food is the best way to spend time. >.<|||

For dinner, we went to Alkaff Mansion. This is our first time there. I have heard of this place for years and I think they have changed management for this place was closed at one period of time.


Upon reaching Alkaff Mansion, it gives me a very modern but colonial feel. The alfresco seats looks so surreal too. I wouldn't mind hanging outdoor for drinks if we had the time.


A really interestingly huge rocking chair next to its entrance.





The menu contains the history of Alkaff Mansion but who has the time to really read it?




Sparkling water again... hehehe

We ordered their set meal because with the UOB credit card, there was a 1 for 1 deal. Nice! I don't wanna spend too much on food so I thought this is an extremely nice deal. Here's the gourmet menu and its $98++ a set.


The appetiser - smoked salmon on the outer layer. Not sure what was inside but too much of it made me feel very 'jerlak'. It sort of means nauseous. So I didn't finish the entire portion.

The staff asked if there was something wrong with this dish. Opps! Well, its just personal taste and preference I would say. :)


The bread and bread sticks were served after we got our appetiser. I thought it was kinda weird. Usually bread is served first... no?


Then there is a second appetiser that consisted of pasta. The pasta is nice but I thought its kinda heavy for an appetiser. It would actually be good if they can replace this with a soup since there is already a main course.


For the mains, there were two choices - suckling pig and seafood. I wasn't in the mood for seafood so I chose the suckling pig. Portion was just nice for me as I was already quite full from the two appetisers. 


The seafood set looks and tasted good too.


Dessert was tiramisu but I don't fancy tiramisu! So I asked for a change and they proposed mint flavoured panna cotta. Heh... actually I dont fancy panna cotta too but mint is my weakness so I ordered that. It wasn't that bad actually... I guess...all thanks to the mint!


Hub had the tiramisu since he is a fan of it. Usually if we have to share our desserts, he doesn't get to eat tiramisu. *chuckles



Overall experience was great and service was attentive! It was a weekday evening and considering that this venue is not easily accessible, it was actually quite crowded!


Website: http://www.alkaff.com.sg/
Will I Return to This Outlet: Yes
Got Service: 8/10

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.