Pages

Friday 11 July 2014

SIFU - HK Master Ribs @ Bugis Junction

My colleague and I have been anticipating anxiously for the opening of SIFU. Actually we have no idea what they served but they took over the unit where MOS burger was at Bugis Junction and renovations went on quite a while. So we were curious what is brewing at that unit.

Finally, when they open for business, we popped by to buy their buns. They have 2 types of buns - char siew and custard. For a tiny bun, it cost $1.20/pc. Quite costly ya? We each bought one to try but boy.... we were sold! Its really tasty and we actually went back for more and tabao-ed a box back. :P

My other half loved it too and gobbled quite a few buns! It's quite tiny and so very easy to pop a few at a go.

The buns are made on the spot. There is a counter for the buns take away and the other side of the restaurant serves dine in guests.


Then I went back again on my OFF day with my hub to try their other items.


On a weekday lunch, the restaurant is considerably empty although there are tables filled.




Hmmm... we ordered an iced honey lemon and I thought it was way tooooooo sweet?!



I introduced hub to fried sweet potatoes... those we can find from those taiwan street snacks stalls and he loves it. So we thought this would be something similar. We ordered one but were utterly disappointed. Its hard, dry and tasteless. There was no chilli or sour plum powder to go with it like those taiwan street snacks. 


We struggled to finish it.


I think I have mentioned before... I am very particular about the pointed end of chopsticks facing down in the holder. Reason being... chances of them cleaning or washing the holders are almost zero. Hence there may be dirt, dust, food remains or even little insects in there which you cannot see. This one is forgiving at least because its a clear holder so if its dirty, you can see. 


Hub ordered fresh prawn dumpling noodle. Haha... most of the time if this dish is on the menu, its unlikely he will order anything else. So boring! Bleah~


I ordered a fresh prawns dry noodles initially. After waiting for some time, a lady came to me and asked if I can change to another dish. As the 'fresh' prawns they had weren't fresh. Ok.... at least they bothered and did not sell sub-standard food to their guests. I wasn't feeling too good that day actually so wanted to avoid fried or meaty items but there weren't many choices. So I chose the beancurd prawn noodle instead. In the end, I didn't eat much too. I guess its because I wasn't too well.

Hopefully, when I do go back again, the dine in food will taste nicer.

At the cashier, the service was really polite. The cashier was juggling with processing bills as well as sitting the guests. At one point, he was overwhelmed with multi-tasking that he kept apologizing to us for the wait.


Will I Return to This Outlet: Maybe
Got Service: 7/10


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.