Pages

Saturday 2 August 2014

Flee Away Cafe @ Dunlop St

Tucked in the rows of shop houses in Little India sits a quaint little cafe - Flee Away. The cafe space isn't huge but it is filled with charm. I guess anything that is retro-ish goes well with me. Just feels nostalgia seeing the old school utensils or furnishings. :)

I'm still thinking if I should go towards the retro theme for our new place next time. I love retro-ish / old school stuff but I'm not too sure if I can digest it if I have to live, breathe and face it everyday... day in day out. The dilemmas of a woman. Haha!!

Back to Flee Away....



Enter the cafe and you will be greeted by two cinema seats. I thought that was quite interesting. I wonder if anyone will actually take that seat?


Recycling the base of singer's sewing machines as the table base is common sight! Several cafes have done that.


This huge plane above our table is gonna be such an attention grabber if our boy was with us.


The entire cafe was filled with old school decor and furnishings.




Wow... just wondering if you will need to have any special acquired taste buds to have ang ku kueh go with ice cream? Quite a weird combi....


Even the salt and pepper came in old school looking cars.


What made me feel so so at home that I can relate to is the greenie laminate chairs! We used to have this at home in the 70s/80s!



How come it seems that in the olden days, every cabinet, chair and fan looks the same?! I wonder if the folks feel boring in the past? Now its like such a gem for many!


We tried the earl grey cake and it was heavenly!!! It feels like ice cream. OMG and its not too sweet. Just what I like. I will definitely try this again next time.


The mango minty drink was a little too bland though.

Overall, the service wasn't too bad!

Address: 70 Dunlop St

Will I Return to This Outlet: Maybe
Got Service: 7/10


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.