Pages

Wednesday 25 June 2014

The Continent Hotel @ BKK

Our last trip to BKK was in March for two. We had a good stay at Novotel Bangkok Ploenchit Sukhumvit in March. Unfortunately, they did not have a bigger room to accomodate the four of us this time round. After some research, I found a hotel that is relatively new and has a room size to accomodate 3 adults and 1 toddler. We booked the room through agoda.

The Continent Hotel is tucked in a little entrance next to Asok BTS. It is also located just across a traffic junction from Terminal 21. Entrance might look small but the hotel is clean, new and has very friendly staff.

Picture credit to The Continent Hotel

Picture credit to The Continent Hotel

During our check in, one of the Caucasian staff (i assume its the manager) saw that we have 4 of us and asked if we would like 2 connecting rooms instead? He has suggested that for our comfort level. However, my challenge is my mum won't dare to sleep on her own and my son needs me so it is better we all stick into the same room.

The room came with a king sized bed and a sofa bed. The sofa bed was spacious and the room very clean. When we went to the room, the housemaid was setting up the sofa bed for us. That was a really quick move.


The room is very cosy.


Bathroom is huge and clean too!



Some drawbacks were on the 1st day when we checked in, the corridor was pitched dark. I thought it was meant to be that way. It was really dark! Look at the picture above. It was only later that day that I realized its not meant to be that way when the lift door opened at another floor. LOL The lights came on only on the 2nd day but that didn't really bother me that much since we don't sleep on the corridor nor were we in most of the time. The only problem is if there's something on the floor, we might have tripped. But so far none of that.

The hotel's breakfast area was located on the 35th floor. If you are sitting by the window, it offers a great view! The restaurant is quite small but it was ok. Maybe because we were there on a weekday so it wasn't crowded. The food selection is quite boring though. Over 3 days, nothing much changed on the menu. Food was ok only.

But other than that, I think its a great hotel that is located conveniently near to the BTS. The staff are very friendly too. I remember this expecting lady at the receptionist by the name of Gy, she was very friendly and polite. On our departure, I needed to fill my thermos flask with hot water to make milk for my boy. She obliged with a smile. The other concierge staff who helped with our luggages, booking of taxi and playing with my son were all very friendly too. I took down the names but misplaced the card. If I remembered correctly their names should be Sharky and Nicky. Sorry guys if I got your names wrongly! The service rendered at this hotel made us all leave BKK happily.

I would love to be back here again!

Website: http://www.thecontinenthotel.com/en/
Will I Return to This Hotel: Yes
Got Service: 8/10



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.