Pages

Tuesday 15 July 2014

The Straits Cafe @ Hotel Rendezvous

Hotel buffets in Singapore are getting expensive every year. Plus being a small eater, it just doesn't quite make my dollar worth. We looked around and also wanted to try a new hotel buffet that is reasonably priced for my birthday treat from mum.

After some research, we settled on Straits Cafe at Hotel Rendezvous.


I emailed them for their buffet menu, pricing as well as to make a reservation. Email reservation was a breeze and the staff responding to my email was quite prompt.


The menu looks quite extensive for its price. They have oysters and durian puree at their buffet bar.




Oysters were not on display. Each time you want, you request from the staff at the counter and they will pry it open for you. There is a limit each person can take at any one time. In a way its good so that everyone gets to enjoy. Another thing is at least it will be freshly served and not laid on the buffet bed for some time.


The Oysters are really fresh!


Durian desserts are something we cannot resist. :P If only, every buffet bar offers this.


Today they served black chicken herbal soup. This is so so good and I cannot remember how many servings I had. Initially my mum didn't want to take this soup but after trying a mouthful, she too asked for a bowl.


Another must have for me is salmon sashimi! This is something I can eat everyday too.... only raw salmon ya!


In general, the seafood is quite fresh.




I did not try the meat though as I was too overwhelmed with the seafood selection available.




The pastry selection are quite wide too.



I have heard raves of their high tea selection. If I have a chance, I want to try that!


Before I forget... during my email reservation, I asked if there is any credit card promotion. The staff told me they do not have any but if I sign up as a member at no cost, I'll get 10% off my bill. There is already discount for senior citizens so they are not entitled to the 10%. You can always sign up on the spot with their tablet. Do ask and they will assist you.

Sign up for your f'east card here - https://www.feast.com.sg/Prelogin/Login.aspx

Buffet Prices for Weekend:
Adults - $53++
Children age 6 to 12 - $26.50++

Overall the food selection is not too bad except that the cafe was a tad too noisy and there were diners hogging Qs piling their plates full. Service was also so so and the cafe decor looks quite dated. Having said that, I may still come back for its high tea.


Will I Return Again: Maybe
Got Service: 6/10


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.